This is a traditional sauce with lots of cheese if you like.
A nice grilled golden cheesy-peesy sauce on cauliflower chunks with grilled chicken breast might be an excellent healthy dish.
Be ready to have balanced meals with 50 % protein 30 % vegetables and 20% fats.
100 g cauliflower gives you 5 g carbs, 1.9 g protein, many vitamins and only 24 calories.
- 500 g cauliflower cut to edible chunks
- water to blanch
For the sauce
- 50 g (2 oz) butter, nutritient
- 2 tablespoons onion or shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 275 ml (1/2 pint) full cream milk nutritient
- 5 tablespoons (60 ml) dry sherry nutritient
- 25 g (1 oz) plain flour nutritient
- good pinch of salt
- good pinch of paprika powder (not smoked)
- good pinch of mustard powder
- 5 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese nutritient
- ground black pepper
Blanch the cauliflower in salty water until its al dente.
Do not boil until it becomes meshy.
Prepare the sauce.
Heat your oven to 180 C.
Ladle a little sauce on the bottom of your dish, arrange the cauliflower pieces and spoon more sauce over it to cover.
Scatter more grated parmesan over the sauce and bake in oven or under the grill until it becomes golden and piping.