This is one of Hungary’s favourites.
Very simple and really yummy.
400 g Chocolate cookies ground
3-4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
100 g Walnuts ground
4-5 tbsp Cherry jam
For the filling
1 sachet custard powder
300 ml Milk
50 g Butter softened
250 g mascarpone
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 Vanilla pod or vanilla aroma
Make the roll’s base. Mix the ingredients.
Prepare the custard according to the instructions on the sachet.
Chill until room temperature. Add the butter and mascarpone, the vanilla and desiccated coconut.
Keep the filling refrigerated until sets a little.
On baking parchment roll the cookies mixture into a 1/2 cm thick sheet.
Spread the cream over it and helping with the parchment paper roll the dough.
Keep in the freezer for twenty minutes to set.
Remove from the freezer and place it in the fridge.
When the cream sets cover the roll with ccoconut.
Slice, serve and enjoy!
Use this mousse on any base. I used red velvet cake mix to make the base.
Spread the cake base layer with raspberry jam and top with the mousse.
Yummy, creamy light foamy dessert.
The raspberry mousse
- 1 cup cookie crumbs, chocolate
- 2-3 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 block cream cheese, mascarpone
- 300 ml whipped cream
- 3 tbsp custard
- 3 tbsp condensed milk or sugar
The chocolate layer
- 1 packet chocolate custard powder
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 500 ml milk
- 50 g chocolate chips
- Use a blender to mix 1 cup of chocolate cookies crumbs, 1 cup of finely chopped nuts and 2 tbsp raspberry jam.
- Distribute the mixture into a 9×13 pan. Cool in the freezer.
- Mix the condensed milk or sugar, the custard with the block of cream cheese.
- Beat the cream until firm peaks form, add cream stabiliser and fold it with the cheese mixture.
- Spread over the cooled crust.
- Return to the freezer.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding.
- Chill a little and pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Top with whipped topping made from 300 ml double cream and sugar.
- Decorate with raspberries.